Welcome to the Lewis Middle School Instrumental Music Program!
Learning to play a musical instrument in a precision ensemble is an exciting and challenging event and one which is not always an easy thing to do; time and patience are important factors for the parent, students, and teacher.
Our goals for the year are:
- To provide a background in the appreciation of music and an understanding of music fundamentals as it relates to each student by learning the skill of a musical instrument.
- To promote responsibility and good citizenship habits through the musical medium.
- To broaden the student’s sense of self-discipline and group responsibility as the student works toward a common goal of technical proficiency, artistic appreciation, and performance excellence.
- To prepare the student for the successful completion of the public school instrumental music program at the high school level.
- To have FUN through a quality musical experience
About Mr. Prout
B.A. in Music with an emphasis in Education – Point Loma Nazarene University
California Teaching Credential in Music – Point Loma Nazarene University
M.M. in Instrumental Conducting – Sam Houston State University
California Music Project Master Teacher
SDUSD Middle School Honor Orchestra Manager
Active Member in:
California Music Educators Association (CMEA)
Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association (SCSBOA)
California Band Directors Association (CBDA)